History of the Association
The public association “The Alumni Association of “ASTANA MEDICAL UNIVERSITY” was founded in March 2010. The Association was established in order to carry out joint activities determined by the common interests of the graduates of Astana Medical University.
Thanks to the work of the Association, the publication of research-information manual on the patriotic education of youth is being prepared in the framework of the state program, a social-information site has been created where active students of the university are involved.
The mission of the Alumni Association of “ASTANA MEDJCAL UNIVERSITY” is to unite efforts, intellectual, creative and business potential of graduates to solve social and economic problems of the Republic of Kazakhstan, as well as to find effective solutions to problems that graduates face in their practical activities and lives, in promoting University in strategic development.
Areas of the Association’s activity
Organization of meetings of graduates of various formats within the walls of “ASTANA MEDJCAL UNIVERSITY” and at external platforms:
Corporate holidays (New Year, Day of JSC “AMU”, Universitywide graduation, Graduate’s Day);
Jubilee meetings of graduates (10-, 20-, 30-, 40-, 50th anniversary of graduation);
One-off and themed events.
Informational and publishing activities:
- Collections of memories and catalogs of graduates;
- Thematic reference books;
- Electronic newssheet of the Association (2 times a year);
- Information portal of the Association.
- Employment of graduates and selection of personnel for graduates-employers.
- Development, production and sale of souvenir products with the symbols of the Association.
- Creation and development of alumni interest clubs.
- Support for socio-cultural development (music, painting, dancing) at the university.
- Support for the development of sports (by kinds of sports) at the university.
- Promotion of research activities (students, undergraduates and doctoral students) of the University.