At the department there is 80% degree of degree, 1 doctor of medical sciences, 6 candidates of medical sciences, 3 PhD doctors, 5 PhD doctoral students, 4 residents of the 3rd year of study and 2 residents of the 1st year of study.
The main directions of the department's scientific work are the improvement and development of treatment methods on topical topics of pediatric surgery, traumatology, urology and neurosurgery. During the existence of the department, more than 500 scientific articles, 5 monographs have been published, 17 textbooks have been published, more than 50 patents for inventions and certificates for intellectual property have been received.
Since 2008, a residency has been opened at the department. The department trained 25 residents. Since 2011, a magistracy has been opened, since 2010 - a doctorate PhD. Over the years, 6 masters of medical sciences and 3 PhD doctors have been trained.
The teaching staff of the department is constantly improving professional training (regular thematic and professional improvements) - in 2019-2021, the staff of the department completed more than 30 improvement cycles in pedagogy and clinical orientation, 3 of them - in the far abroad.
The staff of the department is actively involved in organizing and conducting training programs for doctors of a practical level - master classes.
To improve the effectiveness of training, teachers conduct classes using new educational technologies (ET). In 2001, the educational technology "E-learning" was developed and introduced into the educational process (Doctor PhD Dossanova A.K.)
Professional development courses for teaching staff:
- "Teacher of the organization of education and science" in the framework of the school of a young teacher, 13.05.19-24.05.19.
- "Methodology for the preparation of test items", 19.10.19-31.10.19.
- "Communication skills in clinical disciplines and medical ethics", October-November 2019
- "Innovative PBL methodology in medical education", 01/13/2020 - 01/17/2020.
- “Innovative TBL methodology in medical education, 25.11.20-27.11.20.
- "How to write and publish an article in a peer-reviewed journal", 07.12.20-11.12.20
- "Application of the mind map in pedagogy", 19.11.20-23.11.20
The staff of the department took part in master classes and seminars:
- Seminar "Medicine ethics for women clinics" ponderdegi communications "mashyktar", 02/04/19-24/02/19.
- Seminar "Neuro-linguistic programming in successful communication", June 7, 19
- Master class "Modern approaches to the diagnosis and treatment of congenital systemic diseases of the skeleton with impaired growth of cartilage and bone tissue in children", 03.17.19-20.03.19.
- Master class "Reconstructive plastic surgery on the organs of the genitourinary system in children", 9.05.19-14.05.19.
- Course of lectures "School Spina bifida", 11-12.04.19
- VI educational forum of Russian pediatric surgeons with international participation, 23.10.20-31.10.20
- Endosurgery of newborns, children and adolescents from Professor Yu.A. Kozlov, Irkutsk, RF, 05.02.21-11.02.2021
At the Department of Pediatric Surgery from 2018 to 2023. Candidate of Medical Sciences, Associate Professor B. Dosanov is conducting an initiative scientific research applied work. Title of the work: "Applied research of congenital systemic diseases of the skeleton with impaired growth of cartilage and bone tissue in children."
A memorandum of cooperation was concluded with foreign universities: State Institution “Institute of Pathology of the Spine and Joints named after V.I. Prof. M.I. Sitenko of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine ". Ukraine, Kharkov. Agreement No. 23. 124-18-349 on scientific and practical cooperation for 2018-2022.