The Department of Internal Diseases №1, heretofore the Department of Therapy Faculty, was established in 1966 on the base of the 1st city hospital. The founder of the department and its first head was Professor I. A. Melnik (1966-1968), later the department was headed by: associate professors Kukina N. P. (1968-1978), Pak M.A. (1979-1999), professor Seisembekov T. Z. (2000-2002), professor Baidurin S. A. (2002 - 2018), since October 2018 the acting head of the department is candidate of medical science M. Zhakupov.
At the Department of Internal Diseases, a polyclinic course was organized, which was headed by a c.med.s. A. Ya. Bespalyuk and hematology course under the guidance of c.med.s. A. Sh. Galustyana. The department at different times included the following courses: endocrinology and clinical nutrition (head of the course – ass. prof. Kukina N.P. and ass. prof. Ibraeva M.T.), occupational diseases (head of the course – c.med.s. Zhuravlev V.I. and ass. prof. Pak M.A.), polyclinics and physiotherapy (head of the course – ass. prof. Preobrazhenskaya LA), clinical pharmacology (head of the course – ass. prof. Son Yong-Ay), military field therapy (head of the course – ass. prof. Komarover N. A. and prof. Omarov VA, c.med.s. Omarov T.R.), allergology and immunology (acting head of the course – ass. prof. Dolgieva MN), course of physiotherapy exercises and medical control (head of the course – ass. prof. Kim LA).
- working up of the development strategy of the department in the areas and specialties of training, strengthening and development of external relations with employers and education authorities;
- the implementation of educational programs SES of higher professional and postgraduate education on the profile of the department;
- working up of the intra-departmental quality system for training specialists;
- conducting all types of studies on forms of education (4th year GM – bachelor, residency, PhD);
- maintaining an electronic journal of academic performance by the staff of the department according to the teaching load;
- the holding of department meetings on the discussion of planned and current issues of educational, methodical, clinical, scientific work of staff and educational work with students;
- curriculum development in the disciplines of the department;
- the implementation of a comprehensive educational and methodological organizational and methodological support of the educational process for the profile of the department, conducting educational and industrial practices;
- Scientific directions of the department:
- "Metabolic syndrome in the clinic of internal diseases."
- "Features of metabolic hypertension".
- "Diseases of the hepatobiliary system and metabolic syndrome."
- "Damage to the lungs in end-stage chronic renal failure".
- Scientific researches are conducted by the PhD and MBA students at the department and other clinics.
Baydurin S.A. is the author of 282 scientific publications, including 2 monographs and 5 teaching aids. Sarkulova S.M. is the author of 170 scientific publications in the republican and international press, including non-CIS countries (Israel, the Czech Republic, Bulgaria), 32 methodical recommendations and manuals for practical health care. Bekenova F.K. is the author of 145 scientific publications, including 5 teaching aids on internal diseases. Kystaubaeva Z.K. is the author of more than 20 articles, 2 textbooks. Kurmangaliev K.B. is the author of 19 articles. Zhakupov M.K. is the author of 50 articles. Abay G.A. is the author of 4 articles. Blyalov D.B. is the author of 4 articles and 14 theses. During the existence of the department received 1 prepatents and 22 patents.
A degree of the department for today – 46,15%, 4 doctors of medical sciences, 1 candidate of medical sciences, 2 masters of medicine, 1 PhD doctoral candidate of the 3rd year of study and 1 of the 2nd year of study, 1 MBA of the 2nd year of study, 2 residents in gastroenterology and 2 residents in cardiology of the 2nd year.
Under the guidance of DMS, professor Baidurin S.A. 3 candidate and 2 doctoral dissertations are defended. For a great contribution to the cause of health protection of the people of RK professor. Baydurin S.A. awarded the badge "Excellence in Healthcare of the Republic of Kazakhstan" (1999), the Ministry of Health repeatedly thanked (2003, 2008), in 2009 awarded with the diploma of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan, medal "Y. Altynsarin" MES RK (2011), in 2012 received the title of "The best teacher of the university in 2012". Under the guidance of DMS, professor Sarkulova S.M., 1 master's thesis was defended. Awards and prizes of Professor Sarkulova S.M.: Diploma of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan. The title of "Excellence in Healthcare of the Republic of Kazakhstan". A rate of certificates in the degree of the university, city, region. Under the leadership of F. Bekenova 1 PhD thesis was completed and defended.