After acquiring the status of JSC Medical University Astana (hereinafter – University) in January 2009, the sector of the international cooperation has been reorganized into Department of the International Cooperation of University (hereinafter – Department). Due to a change in the organizational structure of NJSC Astana Medical University, dated September 9, 2019, the Department of International Cooperation and Academic Mobility was renamed into the Center for International Cooperation and Academic Mobility (hereinafter – Center). The Center operates on the basis of the Charter of the University, and the Regulations of the Center.
University Strategic Development Plan for 2019-2023 has been formulated and approved, which considers as the basis for long-term and ongoing planning of work on international cooperation. The internationalization of the University is one of the strategic directions of the university. In the framework of this direction, University gradually and systematically develops international cooperation in the interests of its goals. University implements internationalization initiatives in four directions: science, education, clinic and management with all foreign participants - Strategic Partnership; academic mobility projects (Exchange of students and teaching staff, conducting scientific and practical workshops, seminars, lectures); cooperation with organizations (signing agreements on research work, applying for international grants, projects and programs); participation in international events (entering the world rankings of universities, associations); export of educational services (attracting foreign students and students for training, retraining and internship at the University). In order to strengthen and develop international activities, the Center for International Cooperation and Academic Mobility is working to create a “network triangle”. The international activities of the University are carried out under the leadership of the Chairman of the Board-the Rector of the University.
The main goal of the Center for International Cooperation and Academic Mobility is to organize and coordinate the participation of the University in international cooperation programs, which are aimed at improving the quality of education in accordance with international requirements for the organization of the educational process and the development of science, as well as the development and strengthening of international relations and business partnerships with foreign higher education institutions, international educational organizations, and implementation of academic mobility.
- Coordination and organization of international relations, implementation of the concept of international cooperation of the University;
- Coordination of international scientific and technical programs, implementation of projects with international organizations;
- Participation in programs of bilateral and multilateral exchange of students, teachers and researchers;
- Providing training and improving the knowledge of the teaching staff in the world's leading clinics;
- Providing training for international students arriving at the University within the framework of the academic mobility program;
- Providing ongoing consulting and other assistance to departments and employees of the University, as well as organization of work of foreign teachers at the University, preparation of invitation letters, preparation of stay programs, translation of contracts;
- Assistance to the University departments in obtaining foreign grants;
- Assistance in transformation of the University into the international scientific and educational innovation complex.
- Development and establishment of partnerships, by increasing the number of students, teachers, professors and administrative staff traveling abroad in the framework of academic mobility, including the Erasmus + credit mobility program;
- Development and establishment of partnerships, including the implementation of the mentoring program and meetings with strategic partners of the University;
- Implementation of cooperation and exchange programs of researchers with EU medical universities;
- Organization of the University's work in international associations in the field of higher medical education;
- Attracting leading foreign experts to the university;Participation
Beybitshilik str. 49A, 6th floor, office No.615
Tel.: 8(7172) 53 94 42