In 1964, the Chair of Histology, Cytology and Embryology was established at the Tselinograd state Institute. The first head of the Chair was candidate of biological Sciences, associate Professor F. S. Balakin (1964-1974). Participant of the Great Patriotic war. He was awarded the order of the “Red Star” and medals. From 1974 to 1997 the Chair of Histology, Cytology and Embryology was headed by doctor of medical Sciences, Professor A. N. Bazhanov. He is a scientist of Republican and Union significance (CIS), who made a great contribution to the development of national Histology.
From 1997 to 2009 at the Chair of biology the course of Histology was headed by Ph. D., associate Professor, Professor B. B. Baryshev. He is the author of about 90 scientific works.
Since 2009, the Chair of Histology and Cytology has been headed by Doctor of Biological Sciences, Professor A.A. Kikimbayeva. She took an active part in the development of the Chair of Histology since its establishment in 2009 as a separate structural unit. In 2010, by the decision of the Academic Council, the Chair of Histology was recognized as one of the best Chairs in JSC “Astana Medical University” 2009-2010 on the main type of work.
A.A. Kikimbayeva is the author of scientific papers on experimental endocrinology presented at international congresses and published in European and American journals.
1. Planning, organization and implementation of teaching, educational work and current, midterm and final control in the training of students in accordance with the curriculum and study programs.
2. Professional development, training of highly qualified scientific and pedagogical specialists at the courses of the faculty.
3. Planning and conducting scientific research in fundamental and priority areas for practical healthcare, the implementation of the results of initial research and innovative technologies.
1. Implementation of training programs of SES of higher professional and postgraduate education in the direction of the Chair;
2. Conducting all types of training sessions acording to the forms of training;
3. Entering in the electronic journal of progress of employees of the Chair in accordance with the pedagogical load;
4. Holding meetings of the Chair on the planned educational and methodical, scientific work of employees and educational work with students, as well as discussion of current issues;
5. Development of work programs in the disciplines of the Chair;
6. Organization of the educational process in the direction of the Chair, implementation of methodological support, training and practical training;
7. Work plans of the Chair and preparation of individual work plans of teachers of the Chair;
8. The use of modern technical means of training during classes;
9. Carrying out research work at the Chair and testing of innovative technologies;
10. Publication of textbooks, manuals and other scientific/educational and methodical literature;
11. Involvement of students in research work ( SSS, performed research projects); ensuring the publication of scientific works of students, including in peer-reviewed international journals; obtaining protected documentation with the participation of students; ensuring the participation of students in Olympiads, scientific conferences.;
12. Control over the implementation of individual work plans of teachers of the Chair and other types of work;
13. Participation in public and cultural events organized by the Deans and the University administration.
Основным направлением научной работы кафедры является «Исследование механизмов развития и предотвращения сахарного диабета, вызываемого 4,8-дигидроксихинолин-2-карбоновой кислотой». Тема данного научного исследования соответствует направлениям: исследования в области медицины; фундаментальные исследования в области естественных наук. За годы работы сотрудниками кафедры по разным научным темам опубликованы около 400 публикаций в т.ч. около 30 научных статей в журналах дальнего зарубежья с высоким импакт фактором, 3 монографии, 25 учебных пособий на казахском и русском языках, 3 предпатента на изобретение, 1 инновационный патент. В учебный процесс кафедры внедрены 3 новые образовательные технологии: «Морфологический комплекс», «Учебное телевидение», «Оценка практических навыков студентов на итоговом контроле с применением IТ технологии».